Arizona Water Well Association Scholarship Information
The Arizona Water Well Association will be offering educational scholarships of $750.00 per semester for the children and/or grandchildren of a contractor who has been an association member for a minimum of two years or an employee of said contractor who has a reasonable relationship with the association. This sum will be paid on applicant’s submittal of proof of registration at an accredited institution.
Qualifications of the applicant are to include:
1. Have the support of his/her family. If an employee of a contractor, the owner/manager must also support the applicant.
2. Acceptance by an Arizona university or junior college. The committee will take into consideration any requests for attendance at schools outside of Arizona.
3. Full time enrollment and completion of at least 12 hours per semester. The committee will take into consideration any requests for less than a full schedule.
4. Maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average.
5. Each semester, the scholarship recipient must submit updated transcripts, current grades, and the schedule for the next semester to qualify to continue to receive the scholarship.
The committee will consider requests for trade school or other participation at reduced levels of financial support if such education is deemed beneficial to the family’s business effort.
A completed scholarship application (attached), including a resume, a letter of endorsement from the applicant’s parents or employer and a transcript from the last educational institution attended is required.
For more information or questions, please contact the AZWWA office via phone at 480-609-3993 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.